Concrete grinding and sealing By SJP Concrete Finishes Sunshine Coast.
What is Concrete grinding and sealing
Concrete grinding and sealing are a form of polished concrete it is produced by grinding back the concrete surface with specialized grinding stone to reveal the stones that were initially mixed with the concrete. When grinding we work to our customers wish and grind to show only a small amount of stone or to show a heavy amount. This results in either a salt and pepper look or an almost stone flake look.
Once the level of stone exposure is achieved from the first coarse diamond grind we go on further to grind out any scratches and blemishes that may be visible, this may take several passes using a finer diamond on each pass until the required smooth surface is achieved leaving the concrete now ready for coating.
Before sealing the concrete, you have a few options available, you could change the colour through a dyeing process, you could grout the concrete (recommended for high stone visibility finishes). Grout will provide a more even and smother mirror like finish though of cause at an additional cost.
The final stage to seal the surface with a Matt, semi-gloss, or high gloss protective sealer.
Concrete grinding and sealing can be carried out in both indoors and outdoors applications commercial or residential applications new concrete or old concrete, the possibilities are endless and provide a finish that is durable and will last many years.
Concrete grinding and sealing advantages.
Some advantages Concrete grinding and sealing have are:
- Cost Less: Lower cost than many other polished concrete surface options.
- Less Maintenance: With a Durable, long-lasting sealer, minimal maintenance is required.
- Resists Bacteria: Being a smooth, non-porous surface, bacteria cannot collect.
- Choice of Finished Choice from Matt, semi-gloss, or high gloss protective sealers
- Options for Outdoors: UV options are available for outdoor applications.
- None Slip surface: Adding grit or beads will enhance the floor’s grip.
- Fast Process: The Concrete grinding and sealing process is quicker than some other surface finishes.
Contact SJP Concrete Finishes Sunshine Coast
Get in touch with the experts in residential and commercial Concrete grinding and sealing.
Call us on 04 7762 8881 or email at email@example.com. SJP Concrete Finishes are servicing the Sunshine Coast and surrounding areas with quality Epoxy Flooring, Polished Concrete Floors, Grind and Seal Concrete Floors and Concrete Resurfacing.